As always tends to happen when you have jobs that are basically responding to things, my work life has slowed to a trickle, this week. With the holiday next week, probably more of the same. I'm helping some folks with things here and there, but I don't have terribly much enthusiasm for even that.
I sit and dream about what I could be doing at home as if it's some magical thing that would make me so happy. But when I get home, I rarely get much accomplished. Too much obsessing with Teen Wolf, I guess. :) But now I'm all caught up, so no more excuses.
- Sew Shirt for JadeCon - I bought material to make a Hawaiian shirt for JadeCon. Haven't even cut out the pattern, yet. Need to get that cut and the shirt actually sewn.
- Sew Shirt for DragonCon - Rinse. Repeat. But with Star Wars fabric.
- Come up with something for the auction - I have no clue what I should do. I'm thinking of maybe a slip cover for a throw pillow? Or pillow cases? Those would be quick and homemade stuff is usually snatched up.
- Sew Dress for DragonCon - We're having a Sinatra and Star Wars mixer at DragonCon. (Still working on the name.) So I'd like to make a cocktail dress to go with the theme in, again, Star Wars fabric.
- Actually clean the house - Brody is my first drooler. My previous dogs would drool every now and then. If I go into the kitchen, he's drooling. This results in a rather gross kitchen floor. I hate doing floors, but it's getting to where even I don't like it. And while I've been keeping the house fairly well picked up (don't look in my basement), the actual cleaning part of it hasn't happened like it should have in the past month. The whole house is getting gross.*
- Clean out Guest Room and Office - My friend Tina moves in with me June 20th. She's going to use my guest room and office. And while I'm not emptying the rooms, I need to make room on the shelves for her and move stuff around so she can store things. If we decide it will be permanent (which it most likely won't, as she wants to prove to herself she can live on her own), then I'll sell the furniture and she'll move hers in.
- Goodwill Run - Move any items from the clean out over to Goodwill. Actually move the mountain of stuff that has been sitting in the garage for two months over to Goodwill.
And I'm really hoping to get to TiTimeGate
n Sunday. Stare into Paul McGillion
's pretty eyes. :)
But I have to do my chores like a good girl.*Luci always laughs at me when I say this. She claims I'm the only one who finds it gross. I'm too Swiss, I guess. Although, seriously, things need to be cleaned if you look at them.